If you’re ready to say goodbye to Instagram, you can delete your account on an iPhonethoughthere’s no option to do so within the Instagram app.
- If you want to delete your Instagram account from an iPhone specifically, you have to delete it through a web browser on your phone rather than through the app.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
If you frequent social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, chances are you may have seen friends participating in social media cleanse where you delete an app for a few days, or longer, in order to cut down on screen time (and often stress). Options for deleting your profiles may not exist on the apps themselves.
Here are steps on how to delete your Instagram account on your iPhone.
How to delete your Instagram Account on iPhone
- First, open Safari or any other web browser on your iPhone.
- Go to http://instagram.com/accounts/remove/request/permanent
- Here you will sign into your Instagram account using either your handle, email, or phone number and password.
- If sign in, you will be prompted to answer why you are choosing to delete your Instagram account via a drop-down menu.
- And you will be asked to enter your password again. Then next you have to, tap on “Permanently delete my account” at the bottom.
- On the last screen, before your account is permanently deleted will ask you if you are sure. If so, tap “OK.”
How to temporarily disable your Instagram account on iPhone
- Open Safari or another web browser on your phone.
- Go to http://instagram.com/accounts/remove/request and log into your Instagram account.
- And you will be asked to provide the reason that you’re disabling your account.
- And enter your password again, and tap “Temporarily Disable Account.”
- Next, You’ll be asked to confirm that you want to disable it again. Tap “Yes.”
Delete the Instagram app off your iOS device
- Press and hold the Instagram app icon on the home screen of your iOS device until all the apps begin to wiggle.
- Tap the ‘x’ in the top left corner of the Instagram app.
- Tap “Delete.”
Save Your Pictures/Videos Before Deleting The App
- Open the Instagram app.
- On your profile page, tap the three lines in the upper righthand corner of the screen.
- When you get at the bottom, tap “Settings” the icon that looks like a gear.
- In Settings, find “Security.”
- And in the Security menu, under Data and History, tap “Download Data.”
- You have to enter the email you wish to have your Instagram data sent to and tap “Request Download” it can take up to 2 days for Instagram to send your photos, comments, and profile information.