Windows 10 apps: Do you know Windows 10 apps can be updated automatically, manually, or by using a combination of both methods depending on when you want specific app updates installed?
Automatically update allows you to relax and let your computer or tablet take care of checking for updates and installing them.
How To Turn Windows 10 Auto-Updates On And Off
With the default, Windows 10 will automatically check for and install app updates several times a day while your device is connected to the internet.
You can disable and enable from within the Microsoft Store app by clicking the ellipsis menu, Settings, and then clicking on the switch below Update apps automatically.
How To Update Windows 10 Apps Manually
You have to disabled auto-updating for apps on your Windows 10 tablet or computer. And you can still manually update them individually or all at once in the Microsoft Store app.
Guides on how to manually update your Windows 10 apps.
- Open the Store app.
- Click the ellipsis in the top-right corner.
- From the drop-down menu, click Downloads and updates.
- Click Get updates.
- Then the Store app will scan the internet immediately for updates and for all of your installed apps.
How To Update Non-Microsoft Store Apps
You can update Windows 10 apps on Microsoft Store. On your computer or tablet before you bought it as long as they have an app listing within the Store.
- But firstly, you have to start-up Automatically: Most apps will check for an update soon after being opened. As long as they have access to an internet connection. Some will download and install the update in the background. While others may give you a pop-up message that asks you to confirm the app update.
- You can check update Manually: A lot of apps will feature a link within an options menu. That you can click to manually check to install updates. And the Mozilla Firefox browser, for example, has a Check for updates button on its Options > General settings screen.
- Complete reinstallation: Some apps can’t install updates And will require you to download the newer version of the software from its official website.