One moment you’re tapping away on your phone, breezily texting with the people in your life, and then you realize an important text message you sent is gone. And if you don’t yet know how to retrieve deleted text messages, you’re probably freaking out. Not to worry! You can now get deleted text messages back on any phone.
Recover Deleted Text Message for iPhone
DO you That iCloud and iTunes are handy options for keeping their data backed up, and those backups can be lifesavers when you are missing text messages. And if you’ve been backing up your iPhone to iCloud or iTunes, you have a good shot at recovering the text message you deleted.
Recover Deleted Text Message Using iCloud
Do you know the process involves restoring your device with data from a recent iCloud backup? That is Any message that was present on your phone at the time of the backup are retrievable.
- Go to Settings > General.
- Then, scroll down and tap Reset.
- Tap Erase All Content and Settings.
- Then turn on your iPhone and begin setting it up as if it were new.
- If you get at the window titled Apps and Data, select Restore from iCloud Backup.
you can also choose to Restore from iTunes Backup if you’ve been backing up directly to your computer using iTunes.
- Your iPhone may ask you to sign in to your iCloud account using your Apple ID and password. Do so to proceed.
Recover Deleted Text Message Using iTunes
If you regularly sync your iPhone with iTunes on your Mac rather than iCloud, iTunes has a backup available from each time you synced – unless you turned off the feature to automatically sync your iPhone with your computer.
- Next, If iTunes doesn’t open automatically, open iTunes on your computer manually.
- To find your iPhone in iTunes, look for a small icon for your iPhone just below and to the right of the Play button. Select it. If you have more than one connected device, select iPhone from the drop-down menu.
- And in the Backups section on the right side of the Summary screen, you should see options to manually back up and restore your iPhone.
Recover With a Third-Party App for iPhone
If neither of the above methods works for you, the next option is to try a third-party app to recover your deleted text messages. We have so many apps out there to help you recover deleted text messages.